Martin is an independent documentary photographer based in Manila, Philippines. His work revolves around the interplay between social justice and history. His ongoing project ‘Youth of the Nation Within‘ examines the role of identity amidst the lingering shadow of militancy in youth in Southern Philippines.
Martin is a Visual Journalism graduate at the Asian Center for Journalism in Ateneo de Manila, a fellow of the Konrad Adanauer Stiftung Media Programme Asia, an alumnus of the Angkor Photo Festival Workshops, and a National Geographic Society grantee.
His work has been published globally on The Washington Post, The Guardian, VICE, South China Morning Post, Al Jazeera, and Rappler. He works with non-profit organizations such as the International Committee of the Red Cross, and the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees.
Martin is available for assignments in Asia and beyond.
• National Geographic Society COVID-19 Emergency Fund for Journalists — Recipient
• Diversify Photo — Member
• The Other Hundred: Healers — Winner
• Angkor Photo Festival Workshops — Student
• International Photography Awards — Honorable Mention: Deeper Perspective
• Asian Center for Journalism – Ateneo de Manila University — Student
• Konrad Adanauer Stiftung – Media Programme Asia — Fellow
• BARADO Group Exhibit with Tarzeer Pictures — Exhibitor
• Visualizing Social Stories by Invisible Photographer Asia — Student
WhatsApp: +63 977 379 5815